AFFILIATED ACTIVITIES RULES AND GUIDELINES
Any activity, event, or meeting that is held during the TVT: The Structural Heart Summit that is targeted toward or includes any participants of TVT is considered an affiliated activity and must be approved by the Cardiovascular Research Foundation (CRF), the official sponsor of TVT.
Organizations (commercial companies, not-for-profit groups, government agencies, etc) that wish to hold meetings of any size or nature in any location during TVT that are targeted to TVT attendees must complete the appropriate applications for activity, be approved, and comply with the guidelines. Affiliated activity guidelines are subject to change.
- Access to TVT approved promotional opportunities and attendee list is not permitted for the promotion of affiliated activities.
- One application for each meeting must be completed. Applications with more than one meeting listed will not be accepted and may delay the application process.
- The sponsor of the affiliated meeting is liable for any injuries or accidents to people or property while conducting ancillary functions.
- Signage for the affiliated activity is only permitted directly outside of the assigned meeting room. Directional signs, advertisements, banners, etc., are not permitted in the hotel lobby or the convention center.
- Affiliated activity decisions will be e-mailed approximately 1 week after submission.
To be approved, affiliated activities must:
- Support and be consistent with the scientific nature of TVT
- Be directed to TVT participants (affiliated activity sponsors and participants must be TVT registrants)
- Not conflict with or detract from the official TVT scientific program (see blacked out times below)
- Be approved by CRF
Acceptable activities are:
- Scientific Advisory Board Meetings
- Scientific Investigator Meetings
- Advisory Board Meetings
- Committee Meetings
- Executive Meetings
- Product Demonstration Training
- Specific Study (Investigator) Meetings
- Staff Meetings
In general, the following activities are not permitted during TVT :
- Scientific, educational, speaker-driven symposia or lectures not sponsored by TVT
- Exhibits (commercial company and non-commercial company)
- Distribution of any promotional material (eg, fliers, room drops)
- Commercial banners
The guidelines are meant to provide guidance for affiliated activity sponsors or hosts. If you have any questions at all about whether your activity would be an affiliated activity requiring approval, contact Mariah Admire at [email protected]
OFFICIAL MEETING ROOMS AT THE SHERATON
CRF will offer a number of private rooms at the Sheraton for companies to conduct investigator meetings, internal meetings, board meetings, etc. Meeting space is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Blackout times will not be enforced for these meetings - companies may conduct meetings during official conference hours.
The fee is $50,000 and includes access to the meeting room (approximately 1,000 square feet) for four full days: Tuesday, June 7-Friday, June 10
Upon approval, the sponsoring companies must works directly with the Sheraton Grand Chicago to make arrangements pertaining to the proposed meeting. Any direct costs associated with the function (e.g. food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the activity sponsor.
Companies may conduct affiliated meetings at any hotel upon approval of the application. Once approval is granted, the organization must works directly with the hotel/venue to make arrangements pertaining to the proposed meeting. All costs associated with the function (e.g., room rental, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor.
Meeting Blackout Times
Affiliated activities may not be held during the following times (times are subject to change):
- Wednesday, June 8, 2022 - 7:00 AM-7:30 PM
- Thursday, June 9, 2022 - 7:00 AM-6:30 PM
- Friday, June 10, 2022 - 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Companies may conduct affiliated meetings at any hotel upon approval of the application. Once approval is granted, the organization must work directly with the hotel/venue to make arrangements pertaining to the proposed meeting. All costs associated with the function (e.g., room rental, food, beverage, audiovisual equipment, and labor) are the responsibility of the affiliated activity sponsor.
Personnel Meetings During TVT Hours
Personnel meetings may be held at any time during TVT if attendance is limited to that organization’s representatives. Physician attendees are strictly prohibited from participating in these meetings. Violations of TVT Affiliated Activities Rules and Guidelines will be reviewed and sanctions may be applied. Please see the Consequences for Noncompliance section for more information.
Important note: CRF requests that TVT faculty not commit to conflicting speaking engagements. TVT faculty responsibilities and obligations to the official program take precedence over all others speaking arrangements at the meeting. TVT faculty members participating in any such event are subject to having their faculty status revoked including any reimbursement of expenses otherwise authorized.
Consequences for Noncompliance
If an affiliated activity is found to have violated the Guidelines for Affiliated Activities (above), the sponsoring organization, the supporting organization, and the organizer of the meeting may be prohibited from holding an affiliated activity at future CRF conferences, may have their current registration revoked, non-compliance may be subject to fines and damages, and could negatively impact the registration/status/attendance of those attending an unapproved affiliated activity. TVT faculty members participating in any such event are subject to having their faculty status revoked including any reimbursement of expenses otherwise authorized.